Join Arts Ed NJ for a free webinar series designed for all arts educators in New Jersey! Explore these four important topics as you plan for the year ahead. Register today to save your space!
- Shawna Longo, Arts Integration Specialist, Music Educator Hopatcong School District
Prepare for the year ahead by learning new ideas and best practices for leveraging technology that will enrich students’ learning experiences. This webinar will feature helpful resources to prepare for synchronous, asynchronous and blended learning, highlight useful tools and tips for assessment, and explore inspiring digital engagement strategies.
- Margie Thomas, General Music; String Specialist; Director, Campbell School Chorus; Director, Campbell School Orchestra, Campbell Elementary School, Metuchen, NJ
Arts educators foster students’ social and emotional development through the four artistic processes. Discover the natural connections between arts education and social and emotional learning (SEL), and strategies for integrating SEL into instruction with intention.
- Latasha Casterlow-Lalla, Supervisor of Visual and Performing Arts, Passaic Public Schools
When student voices are valued and infused in the arts learning environment, the content can become a powerful vehicle for expression and authentic engagement. Explore the process of connecting with students, allowing their experiences to have a voice and launch the journey toward content goals. Educators will explore examples to discover how to encourage students to document, connect, and process experiences that are meaningful to them.
- Dennis Argul, NJ Music Administrators’ Association and NJ Music Educators’ Association Liaison
- Adrienne Hill, Principal, Hedgepeth/Williams Middle School of the Arts
As teachers, students, parents, and community stakeholders prepare for the start of the 2020-2021 school year, arts education is needed now more than ever! Learn more about the strategies and resources you can leverage to effectively communicate arts education as core and essential content for students’ well-being, students’ overall engagement and academic achievement, teachers’ instructional practices, and the social and emotional development of all stakeholders.