Arts Ed NJ denounces racism, injustice, discrimination, and bigotry.
We Stand in solidarity with our BIPOC friends, colleagues, artists, partners, students, teachers, and community.
Arts Ed NJ was built on a foundation of collaboration and inclusion, to present a unified voice that serves to amplify the value and importance of arts education. We believe that arts education should be universally accessible to ALL students.
We know that arts education nurtures an understanding of the arts, culture and heritage, and promotes respect for cultural diversity.
We will continue to work together with our creative community to elevate arts education, to guide culturally responsive curricula and social-emotional learning that can eradicate racism in our schools. We believe this can be accomplished with open communication among a broad group of diverse partners, who demonstrate a commitment to collective impact through our shared work.
We are here to listen and support you.
Together, we can highlight the healing powers and creativity, inclusion, and collaboration for a more equitable New Jersey.
Social Justice for Arts Resources from ArtPride NJ
- Arts for Social Justice: This website aims to connect groups needing help with volunteers, who are willing to donate their time in support of the greater good.
- In June 2020, the City of Newark launched the Social Justice Public Art Initiative, starting with two ground murals in response to calls for racial justice. Seven murals were completed in 2020, and additional murals will be commissioned throughout 2021.
- The Inclusion Project – Rutgers: We develop ideas for transformational change using legal and policy research and in collaboration with affected communities to anchor our understanding.
- The New Jersey Institute for Social Justice uses cutting-edge racial and social justice advocacy to empower people of color by building reparative systems that create wealth, transform justice and harness democratic power—from the ground up—in New Jersey.
- 65 Resources for Racial and Health Equity: Racial Equity Toolkits for Government Agencies and Other Groups
- New Jersey Arts and Culture Administrators of Color (NJACAC) A network of professional arts administrators of color dedicated to advancing efforts related to equity, diversity, and inclusion within New Jersey’s arts community. This initiative is a partnership between New Jersey Theatre Alliance (NJTA), the state’s service organization for professional producing theatre companies; ArtPride New Jersey, the state’s largest arts service and advocacy organization; and New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
- Taneshia Nash Laird: Your 3-Step, Uncomplicated Formula For a More Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Workplace
- NJTA Antiracism Resources: Foundational resources about diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism, in theatre and beyond.
- Good Good Good Antiracism Resources: These resources are intended to deepen our anti-racism work.
- Fighting Anti-Blackness Resource List: This resource list, compiled by HarvardWIT+, covers some of the ways in which non-black folks can support the current #BlackLivesMatter movement.