AENJ has been busy planning events for NJ’s art educators!
January 20, 2018, is our annual Breakfast and Workshop at Middletown Arts Center, showcasing 2017 division award winners lessons.
Alicia Bynoe, Liberty Corner Elementary School will share a lesson on Brianna McCarthy inspired portraits.
Larissa Danowitz, Overbrook High School will share a lesson on Adinkra symbols.
Morgan Devlin, Ocean Township High School will share a lesson utilizing the art elements and principles of design to create paper sculptures.
On January 20, AENJ will host their first “Emerging Leaders Summit” at Middletown Arts Center to provide information on AENJ leadership opportunities. If you are interested in joining us, contact AENJ President, Dr. Jane Graziano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In February, AENJ will sponsor an event at the Montclair Art Museum featuring the work of Kay Walkingstick. For this and all upcoming professional development opportunities visit our website: www.aenj.org/event/.
New to our website, is the Members’ Spotlight! Our first member to receive recognition is Maria Francisco of PS23 in Jersey City. To learn more about Maria or to nominate an AENJ member who deserves recognition, visit http://aenj.org/advocacy-learning/members-spotlight/.
AENJ proudly announces 2018’s Youth Art Month Design Contest winners:
- Shubhika Sethi, Grade 8, Washington Middle School, Harrison School District, Hudson County
- Ying Chow, Grade 5, Sherman Elementary School, Roselle Park School District, Union County
- Irving Adame, Grade 12, Haddon Township High School, Haddon Township School District, Camden County
- Emily Mah, Grade 12, Lawrence High School, Lawrence Township School District, Mercer County
- Kirsten Ehrenberg, Grade 5, Long Pond School, Andover School District, Sussex County
- Nathalie Whitehead-Nudd, Grade 8, Union Township Middle School, North Hunterdon School District, Hunterdon County
- Daniel Hill, Grade 7, Glenfield Middle School, Montclair School District, Essex County
This year, Sargent Art provided generous prizes for these students and their art teachers! Join us March 9 for a reception honoring YAM artists at the NJ Statehouse, Trenton. To get involved with YAM visit http://aenj.org/yam/ or contact email@example.com.
Lora Marie Durr
Filed Under: Featured, News, NJAEP News