I Am Tuchau Ly.
Performing Arts is my Passion.
I am currently a junior at Bayonne High School and I am the Arts Ed Now Ambassador for my high school! I participate a lot in my school’s productions. From dance concerts to musicals and plays. Name it and I’m most likely a part of it!
What is an Arts ed Now ambassador?
An Arts Ed Now Ambassador is a representative or promoter of arts education and the Arts Ed Now campaign (www.artsednow.org)
. The ambassador will attend meetings, events, workshops, professional development, conferences, Arts Festivals, etc.
The ambassador will promote the importance of a well rounded eduction that includes the arts. In addition, the ambassador will identify conflicts and issues with access in their community.
Additionally, the ambassador will develop relations and gain sponsors for new ideas and projects.
Ambassador Within BHS
- Share my knowledge of the importance of arts education
- Share information about Arts Ed Now
- Share my arts education story and encourage others to share theirs (www.artsednow.org/stories)
- Find opportunities to engage my peers and teachers with the campaign and share on social media our accomplishments using #ArtsEdNow
- Send out surveys/polls for new ideas and projects for Arts Ed
- Attend meetings within the schools that focus on Arts in Education
My school is only days away from the opening night of our very first production of the year, “Lizzie Borden Took an Axe.” I’m more of a musical kind of gal, but that doesn’t stop me from helping out!
It’s my first time, but I am the Stage Manager!
Come and support the BHS Drama Society on November 22nd and 23rd at 7 PM and November 24 at 2 PM.
Check back and follow along as I will be reporting back on a monthly basis through the e-newsletter.
#ArtsEdNow #ArtsEdNowAmbassador on social media.
I hope to reach my peers by announcing this on the morning announcements in my school and its school newspaper regarding events and important information.