Arts Ed Summit 2020: September Ready!
- What will our schools look like in the fall?
- How will arts education be conducted?
- How may we make our programs safe?
- How do we effectively address the social emotional learning needs of our students?
- What tools are available to help me effectively transition my arts program?
Arts Ed Summit 2020: September Ready! will feature presentations and breakout groups providing the information, tools and resources needed by arts educators, arts administrators, and arts organizations as New Jersey prepares to reconvene schools in the fall.
Leaders from the state’s top education associations, social and emotional learning and our discipline-based organizations will provide information to empower arts educators and organizations with solutions to be used in communities and schools across the state.
- June 16: 1PM – 4PM
- June 17: 1PM – 4PM
- June 18: 9:30AM – 12PM
Featuring the Education Leaders Panel:
- Marie Blistan, New Jersey Education Association
- Dr. Richard Bozza, New Jersey Association School Administrators
- Dr. Lawrence Feinsod, New Jersey School Boards Association
- Cathy Lindenbaum, New Jersey PTA
- Patricia Wright, New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association.
- Moderated by Bob Morrison, Arts Ed NJ
- Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings, Author of The Dreamkeepers; former Kellner Family Distinguished Professor of Urban Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction and faculty affiliate in the Department of Educational Policy Studies at the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Dr. Yolanda Sealey-Ruiz, Associate Professor of English Education at Teachers College, Columbia University; Author of Love from the Vortex & Other Poems
- Dr. Pamela Randall Garner, Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- Dr. Maurice Elias, Rutgers Social-Emotional and Character Development Lab
Breakout Working Groups with the September Ready Taskforce featuring:
- Art Educators of New Jersey
- Dance New Jersey
- New Jersey Music Educators Association
- NJ Thespians
- Speech and Theatre Association of New Jersey
- Cherry Hill High School West Theatre
- Paramus High School Dance Department
And the tools and resources to help you become September Ready!
We hope you enjoyed the inspiring speakers, excellent student showcases, and the time to work within your artistic area to review and develop plans for when our schools reconvene this fall.
Please complete this short Survey.
- Click Here to Access the Arts Ed Summit 2020 Resource Folders
- Click Here to Learn About Additional Opportunities for Professional Learning this Summer
Visit ArtsEdNow2020.com to join the community, to view the archived recordings of the Plenary Sessions, and to access other important information that was shared throughout the three days.