- Art Educators of New Jersey: Art Educators of New Jersey (AENJ) has compiled a robust list of remote teaching lessons and resources. https://aenj.org/1383-2/
- Art Ed Guru–Eric Gibbons: The Art Ed Guru website features a list of remote lessons designed by Eric Gibbons. https://www.artedguru.com/remote-lessons
- Resources and best practices curated by Eric Gibbons, intended to make distance learning work. Covid-19 Remote Teaching Resources
- Artful Artsy Amy–Amy Bultena: Virtual Sub Lessons for Art Teachers – A folder with ready-made lessons by grade band (Elem, MS, HS) (Amy Bultena, owner of the file and website) Click Here
- Smithsonian Learning Lab: Create image collections from the Smithsonian Museums, or adapt one of the existing collections.
- Smithsonian Learning Lab -Getting Started Guide: https://learninglab.si.edu/cabinet/file/e8071510-e54d-4f5a-b76f-6ec09b8b190d/20191206_SLL_GettingStartedGuide.pdf
For access, click “Create a Free Account” on the homepage and follow the prompts.
- PBS Learning Media: Visual Art: Hundreds of videos available from PBS LearningMedia, exploring many visual art forms, as well as resources to encourage analysis, research, and practice.
- Davis Art: Davis Art is offering teachers open access to the library of 25,000 fine art images as well as full use of student books and teacher editions of select titles. https://info.davisart.com/covid-19-assistance-free-resources-for-impacted-schools Free Access to the Davis Digital platform through June 30th, 2020
- Adobe: Adobe will offer students at home access to Creative Cloud apps, as well as free 90-day access to Adobe Connect, our web conferencing solution, until July 1, 2020.
- Adobe Enables Distance Learning Globally for Schools Impacted by COVID-19
- Dryden Art – Remote Learning Days 6-10
Full Lesson Plans by grade level with resources
- Online Creativity for Younger Students
Came from The Grundler’s (#K12ArtChat)
*Free Creative Cloud tools offered to students through May 31, 2020 for current subscribers
VIRTUAL TOURS TO THE MUSEUMS
- National Museum of Natural History (Dinosaurs, Plants, Early life, Ancient seas, Mammals, Ice Age, Genome) https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour/past-exhibits (African Bush Elephant & rotunda; African voices, Bone Hall, Butterfly Pavilion, Fossils, Human Origins, Ancient Egypt) https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour/current-exhibits (Antlers, Wet Specimens, Whale Bones) https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour/museum-support-center-and-research-stations
- Boston Children’s Museum https://www.bostonchildrensmuseum.org/museum-virtual-tour
- National Museum of Wildlife Art https://www.wildlifeart.org/visit/virtual-tour/
- Louvre Museum https://www.youvisit.com/tour/louvremuseum
- Multiple Natural History Museums and Zoo https://artsandculture.google.com/search/streetview?project=natural-history
- Guggenheim Museum and Foundation, New York – http://bit.ly/33o26Qq
- National Museum United States Air Force http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/
- Virtual Journey Around the World – 360-degree virtual videos tours around the world ( example: Azores, Sintra, Portugal, etc) younger kids, Older kids, and adults) http://www.airpano.com/360video_list.php. http://www.airpano.com/
- Smithsonian Institution, Digital Education Resources
The Smithsonian Institution has launched a central portal highlighting an array of distance learning resources, from STEM webcasts to American history podcasts and comprehensive lesson plans.
- Google Arts & Culture: Faces of Frida
Artist Frida Kahlo through her life, art and legacy.
TECHNOLOGY & MOBILE LEARNING FOR VISUAL ARTS
- Educational Technology and Mobile Learning: Educational Technology and Mobile Learning offers videos and links to other digital resources https://www.educatorstechnology.com/search/label/art%20resources?m=1
- College Board AP: AP teachers can access these additional resources to help them get set up with AP Classroom:
Beginning in early April, free online video lessons developed by AP teachers will be available for the AP topics and skills typically taught in the final weeks of each AP course. Watch the videos at youtube.com/advancedplacement.
Foundations. Learn how AP Classroom complements the new AP course and exam descriptions and offers students opportunities for practice and feedback throughout the year.
AP Classroom Demo. See a click-through demonstration of AP Classroom, which highlights how to assign, score, and interpret results from Topic Questions, Personal Progress Checks, and teacher-created assignments and quizzes from the AP Question Bank.